Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Shrimp Salad


 I know that summer is already winding down, but it's never too late to make a delicious and easy salad. And with Labor Day coming up, this would be a great addition to any picnic or BBQ. I love to eat it as a main dish with a great rustic bread or crackers, but it would also be great as a side dish! My recipe is pretty basic, which is why it's so easy, but if you want to you could add chopped onion, hard boiled eggs or maybe even some grape tomatoes. And, as for the dressing, I've also made it with the addition of a tablespoon of ketchup or mustard. Both are yummy.



My mom always used elbow macaroni in her shrimp salad, but my family prefers rotini.  Shell or bowtie would be excellent too.



1. Cut up your celery, thaw your peas, and drain the shrimp and olives. Place them in a large bowl and set a side. Boil the pasta for the recommend amount of time, but don't over cook, I like mine to have a little chew to it.



 2. Drain pasta, and place in the large bowl with the other ingredients.


3. Mix together the mayo, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl.


4. Mix the dressing into the large bowl and chill for a couple of hours or overnight.


Now your ready to enjoy with bread, for an easy meal that won't heat up the house! Delish!
Bye for now!

4 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Yum-yum! What a delightful looking + sounding recipe. This includes a number foods that Tony is absolutely wild for, so I'm bookmarking it to make for him one day (I couldn't this week, if I wanted to, as he's currently out of town on a business trip). Thank you very much for sharing one your favourite pasta salad recipes with us.

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Jessica! I'm glad you want to try it! If you try it let me know what you think. :)

Vix said...

What a beautifully photographed post!
I'm vegetarian so prawns aren't on the menu but I could easily adapt this to make it veggie-friendly! x

Unknown said...

Thanks Vix! Yes, I think it would be great with something like chick peas. Unfortunately I'm the only one in my family that likes chick peas. :)

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...