Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rhinestone Bracelet Makeover


The other day on Etsy, I saw some rhinestone jewelry
that had bean painted bright colors.
I realized I have some jewelry that I hadn't worn in awhile,
so I thought I would try the idea out.
I picked a bracelet that had kind of cloudy rhinestones,
so I wouldn't feel guilty painting over them.
I used some leftover nail polish and just went to town.
 

I did green on the outer rows and alternated blue and yellow
on the inner row.
I really love how it turned out! 
I plan on giving it a coat of clear nail polish later.
And I think I'll do some other pieces of jewelry too!
What do you think?

 Bye for now!

2 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Laurie, I think it looks great, fun idea and like you said a good way to cover up flawed and mucky stones! ox

Unknown said...

Glad you like it! I tried it on a rhinestone pin today, and that turned out well too! :)

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...